How to claim

Depending on when you want us to pay you, there are different steps to take to claim Away from Base Assistance. Before you start, check if you can get it.

You need to submit a claim for Away from Base Assistance before the activity takes place. Read about the steps to take if you want us to pay you either:

It’s best to ask us to pay you before the activity.

If students are claiming this assistance for themselves, you’ll also need to help them with their claim.

If you need help

To help, you can download our factsheet explaining how and when education providers claim ABSTUDY Away from Base Assistance:

This factsheet tells you the best ways to contact us if you need help. You can download or print this factsheet:

If you need help, you can also call the National Business Gateway line.

Page last updated: 16 June 2023.
QC 55078