Eligible payments

Receiving certain Centrelink payments allows children to access CDBS.

To get dental benefits, you or your child must meet both of the following:

  • get at least 1 payment from the list below
  • get the payment at least once in the calendar year.
Who gets the paymentPayment
Child’s parent, carer or guardianFamily Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A
Parenting Payment
Double Orphan Pension

Family Tax Benefit Part A
Carer Payment
Disability Support Pension
Parenting Payment
Special Benefit
Youth Allowance
Department of Veterans’ Affairs education allowances under the:

  • Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (if aged 16–17)
  • Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (if aged 16–17)
Teenager’s partnerFamily Tax Benefit Part A
Parenting Payment

If you get FTB Part A

There are 2 ways to get FTB Part A:

  • as an instalment
  • as a lump sum payment.

An instalment is where children and teenagers are eligible for the calendar year you get a fortnightly payment.

A lump sum payment is where you get 1 payment for a whole past financial year. In this case, dental benefits start on 1 January after that financial year.

Page last updated: 13 March 2024.
QC 51146