You don’t need to apply or register for CDBS. If your child is eligible we’ll send you a letter.
Your child can get CDBS when all of the following applies:
- they're eligible for Medicare
- they're between 0 and 17 years old for at least one day that calendar year
- you or they get an eligible payment at least once that calendar year.
You can be either the child’s:
- parent or guardian
- approved care organisation.
If you’re a teenager and have a partner
You may be able to get CDBS in a calendar year when either:
- you’re 17 years old, or younger for at least one day that calendar year
- your partner gets an eligible payment from us.