Double Orphan Pension

A regular payment if you’re caring for a child whose parents can’t care for them or have died.

To get this you must care for a child at least 35% of the time, and 1 of the following applies to them:

  • their parents have both died
  • one parent has died and the other is in a psychiatric institution or nursing home for an indefinite time, in prison for at least 10 years or their whereabouts are unknown
  • they're a refugee and both parents are living outside Australia or their whereabouts are unknown.

Read the full conditions under who can get it.

Page last updated: 24 January 2023.
QC 22141