on this page
Using our online services you can:
- lodge Medicare and Department of Veterans' Affairs claims with us and with private health insurers
- lodge bulk bill, private patient and in-patient medical claims
- make updates with the Australian Immunisation Register
- do patient verification
- work out the out-of-pocket costs for hospital procedures
- check the progress of a claim.
We can process claims lodged online a lot faster than manual claims.
Register to do business online
Before you start, check your software is compatible. View our list of software developers for digital health and aged care.
Contact your software developer to make sure they can support your online needs such as bulk billing or private patient claims. Your software developer can:
- give you a minor ID unique to your location, used to complete the PRODA organisation linking process
- make sure the health professionals working from your location complete the online claiming provider agreement form
- tell you if you need to register your organisation in PRODA and complete the online linking process.
If you need help with your online claiming registration, call the eBusiness Service Centre.
You need consent to register on behalf of health professionals in your practice and to access their Medicare records. The health professionals must sign the online claiming provider agreement form.
Maintain your online claiming details
It’s important to keep your details, including your address and phone numbers, up to date. This is so we can contact you and send important information as needed.
You can easily do this in one of the following ways:
To connect your practice online with us, make sure of all of the following:
- your software developer has confirmed your operating system and software can do what you need
you’ve spoken to your software developer and confirmed your minor ID and if you require a PRODA individual or a PRODA organisation account or both
- all health professionals in the practice have completed and signed the online claiming provider agreement form
- you have returned the agreement form to us
you have linked your PRODA organisation account with a service in PRODA called ‘Medicare Online/ECLIPSE/DVA/AIR’.
Change your multiple provider location ID registration details
For information on how to change nominated location IDs for multiple health professionals who claim through Medicare online, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the eBusiness Service Centre for more information about:
- the online claiming provider agreement form registration process
- creating your PRODA individual and organisation accounts
- how to manage your PRODA organisation.