What to tell us
You must tell us if any of the following happens:
- you change or correct your name
- your address changes
- you sell your principal home
- your income or assets change
- your partner’s income or assets change
- you stop living with your partner
- you marry or start living with your partner
- your partner dies
- you’re leaving the country temporarily or to live somewhere else.
You have 14 days to tell us about the changes. If you don’t do this, we may pay you too much and you may have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.
How to tell us
If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us about changes to your circumstances online. To do this, sign in to myGov and select My details.
You can also tell us using either:
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Older Australians line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.