Better financial situation

If you’re getting Farm Household Allowance (FHA), you need to let us know if your financial situation improves.

If your financial situation has improved, let us know as soon as this happens so we don’t overpay you.

If we overpay you, you may get a debt and may have to pay the money back.

You need to update your farm business income estimate when there’s a change to your income. We use your estimate to work out if you’re eligible for Farm Household Allowance (FHA). You can update this estimate at any time.

Read more about estimating farm business income.

If you no longer get FHA

If you’ve earned too much, you may no longer get FHA. If your situation improves, you can also ask to stop getting FHA.

You’ll be able to apply for FHA again if you need to in the future.

If you stop getting FHA, you still need to send us your income tax returns and other financial documents. You need to do this after each financial year that you got FHA. This helps us make sure we’ve paid you the right amount.

Find out about farm business income reconciliation.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 51345