Help with other payments and services as you transition off FHA

You can get help from a range of other services as you move off Farm Household Allowance.

The Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) provides free financial counselling. The counsellors can help you with long term financial plans for your farm. They can also help with short term issues like debt mediation. A rural financial counsellor can see you even if you don’t get a payment from us. You can read about the RFCS on the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry website.

Our Financial Information Service also provides free financial information. Officers give details to help you make informed decisions about investments and other financial matters. This can be both for your current and your future needs.

Our social workers can help with short term counselling, support and information to help you through a difficult time.

Your Farm Household Case Officer can tell you about other government and community support services available in your area. FarmHub has a range of helpful services and support. If you’re affected by a disaster, use Recovery Connect to find support near you from government, charities and community organisations.

You can also check to see if you’re eligible for our other payments and services. Use our Payment and Service Finder. Most income support payments and concession cards have an income and assets test. You may not be eligible if your income or assets are high.

If you have high assets but a low income, you may be eligible for the Low Income Health Care Card. It has an income test, but doesn’t have an assets test.

Several state government organisations provide assistance for farmers. These include:

You can check for other support services in your state or territory through our Payment and Service Finder.

Page last updated: 21 March 2024.
QC 51350