ABSTUDY high school students living away from home and other approved travellers can get ABSTUDY Fares Allowance. This ABSTUDY support helps with the costs of different types of trips between home and school during the term.
Boarding schools and hostels can either:
- ask us to pre-book travel before the trip
- claim a reimbursement after the trip.
When you request ABSTUDY travel, you’re responsible for:
- discussing student travel with their family
- ensuring the student has a travel supervisor if they need one
- ensuring the student has a Safe Travel Plan for the trip
- helping the student safely complete their trip.
You also need to let students know about their responsibilities as ABSTUDY travellers.
Boarding schools and hostels can request ABSTUDY Fares Allowance to help with travel costs for approved travellers.
Boarding schools and hostels can book student travel through ABSTUDY for many reasons.
Each student under 18 must have a Safe Travel Plan when you book travel for them through ABSTUDY.
Boarding schools and hostels can arrange ABSTUDY student travel by emailing a booking request form.
Use the ABSTUDY travel booking form to change or cancel travel.