Who this is for
This information is for:
- boarding schools, hostels and other schools with ABSTUDY students living away from home
- secondary education providers with ABSTUDY students living at home
- tertiary education and accommodation providers
- education and training providers that run away from base activities involving travel
- education and training providers that run courses for students and apprentices in custody.
Where to find what you need to know
Learn more about your role in:
- supporting new ABSTUDY students at your boarding school or hostel
- managing ABSTUDY secondary student payments
- arranging travel for ABSTUDY students with ABSTUDY Fares Allowance
- supporting ABSTUDY students in higher education
- claiming ABSTUDY Away from Base Assistance to help students travel to study related activities
- claiming ABSTUDY Lawful Custody Allowance to help pay for courses you run for students and apprentices in custody.
You can also download our ABSTUDY resource eKits to help promote ABSTUDY in your community.
Find out how to arrange orientation visits and ABSTUDY support for your new students.
Secondary board and education providers play an important role in helping manage ABSTUDY payments.
You have an important role in arranging travel to and from home for your ABSTUDY students.
Guidance for higher education and accommodation providers on helping students claim and manage ABSTUDY.
Help to support ABSTUDY students attend activities needing them to travel away from their home or study location for short periods.