We normally speak to the assurer and the assuree before we do this.
Money you owe us
As the assurer, you’ll owe us money for any recoverable payments made to your assuree. This will apply during the assurance of support period.
If this happens, you’ll need to download and complete a form.
Use the Assurance of Support - MOD AR.
You’ll need to pay back any money your assuree gets from any of the following payments:
If your assuree also gets a Crisis Payment with one of these payments, you’ll have to pay it back too.
You may also need to pay back any add ons such as any of the following payments:
- Fares Allowance
- Language Literacy and Numeracy Supplement
- Pension Supplement
- Pensioner Education Supplement
- Pharmaceutical Allowance
- Remote Area Allowance
- Rent Assistance
- Telephone Allowance
- Utilities Allowance
- Approved Program of Work Supplement - read about it on the Department of Social Services website.
We get the money back from you by any of the following methods:
- through a debt notice that you have to pay
- from your bank guarantee if you have one
- from your bank guarantee plus a debt notice, if the amount to repay is more than the bank guarantee.