When you can’t support an assuree

We may pay income support to the assuree during the Assurance of Support period if you can't support them, or they can't accept support from you.

We normally speak to both of you before we do this.

Money you owe us

As the assurer, you’ll owe us money for any recoverable payments made to your assuree. This will apply during the assurance of support period.

You’ll need to pay back any money your assuree gets from any of the following payments:

If you get Crisis Payment with one of these payments, you’ll have to pay it back too.

You may also need to pay back any add ons such as any of the following payments:

Repayment method

We get the money back from you by any of the following methods:

  • through a debt notice that you have to pay
  • from your bank guarantee if you have one
  • from your bank guarantee plus a debt notice, if the amount to repay is more than the bank guarantee.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021