When you hear the prompts:
- say your CAN, including the letter at the end
- repeat the pass phrase for voiceprint or key your PIN
- select from the menu options.
Once you’re familiar with the menu options, you can say what you want as soon as the list starts. The service will guide you through the rest.
Speak naturally, you don't need to talk loud or slow.
CANs and CRNs
We use these numbers to recognise your personal record. Your CAN will generally be the same as your Customer Reference Number (CRN).
Some people have a different number for their CAN and CRN. This might happen if you claim online. If this applies, use your:
- CAN when using self service or calling any of our payment lines
- CRN when talking to staff in a service centre.
If you have trouble using phone self service, stay on the line. The service will connect you to one of our staff. We're available:
- 8 am to 8 pm local time
- Monday to Friday.
Sometimes we have scheduled or unscheduled service interruptions. Check customer service changes for information on these.