Web services is a technology that is available over the internet. It enables communication between 2 devices on a network so they can:
- talk to each other securely
- share data and services.
Why we’ve moved to web services
Our digital health and aged care channels previously used adaptor technology. Updating to web services ensures that we’re providing digital claiming and data channels that:
- are secure and stable, now and into the future
- meet current technology standards
- are easier to update and improve.
What are the benefits of web services
There are a number of benefits for moving to web services:
- It’s flexible and easier to update and maintain than adaptor technology. This means it’s easy to use across multiple operating systems, such as Windows and Mac OS.
- It allows for future enhancements to be made. This improves functionality across some digital health and aged care channels.
Read more about how to use web services.