Upload your Child Support documents online

Use your Child Support online account or the Express Plus Child Support mobile app to upload and submit documents.

How to upload your documents

Before you start, save the document you want to upload on your mobile device or computer.

You can upload up to 10 files. Each file must be in one of the following formats:

  • pdf
  • png
  • jpeg
  • tiff.

Your total upload must be under 5MB in size.

Child Support online account

If your Child Support online account is linked to myGov, sign in and select Upload documents, then Send supporting documents.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Child Support online account you’ll need to create them.

Read our online guide to upload documents using your online account.

Express Plus Child Support mobile app

To upload your document, select Upload document from the home screen. Your recent upload history will display. To start the upload, select Upload a document, then the document type. Select 1 of the following options:

  • Upload a photo, to capture a new image or choose an existing image from your device’s photo album or gallery.
  • Upload a file, to choose a document you’ve already saved in your online storage device.

What documents you can upload

Please make sure all images you upload are appropriate. Don’t upload any images that:

  • are distressing, intimidating or offensive
  • are of the human body as evidence of physical injuries or to support a claim
  • could be considered illegal, as we may report them to the relevant authorities.

Here are some examples of the types of documents you can upload from your mobile device or computer.

Type Examples
Care evidence
  • Parenting plans and court orders affecting contact.
  • Statements from independent observers.
  • Care diary records.
  • Change of care documents.
Income evidence
  • Income and assets forms.
  • Payslips.
  • Bank or share statements.
  • Group certificates or payment summaries.
Extraordinary Payments, also known as Non Agency Payments
  • Written notes outlining agreed arrangements.
  • Receipts for payments or bank transfers to a receiving parent.
  • Receipts for payments to third parties.
Proof of hardship/expenses form
Change of assessment form/evidence
Objections form/evidence
  • Objecting to a Child Support decision form.
  • A written notice of objection, which gives details of the decision you’re objecting to, and the reasons why you disagree.
  • Evidence to support your objection.
Birth certificate or parentage form
  • Birth certificates, adoption or surrogacy agreements.
  • Statutory declaration.
  • Court orders about parentage.
Court order or agreement form
  • Court orders including departure orders and stay orders.
  • Child support agreement.
Representative authority form
Death notification
  • Death certificate.
  • Confirmation from the Public Trustee, Coroner’s office or Police.
  • Confirmation from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, if the person died overseas.
  • Funeral notice from a newspaper.
Page last updated: 6 November 2023.
QC 41191