During your university student placement, we’ll show you the wide range of roles within our agency. You’ll get a chance to develop your skills while working on a variety of tasks. You’ll gain a greater understanding of our agency and the public service. University student placements are unpaid and count towards academic credits.
Benefits of our placements
On your university student placement you’ll get:
- real workplace experience
- the chance to develop a range of skills while working on a variety of tasks
- to see the work we do to deliver vital services to Australians
- to work in one of our many offices, service centres or Smart Centres across Australia
- a greater understanding of our agency and the wide range of roles we have.
You can register your interest in our university student placements if you are both:
- enrolled in an Australian university
- need to complete mandatory work experience as part of your degree.
If you’re successful, you’ll work in an area that suits your degree. University student placements are unpaid and count towards academic credits.
To find more career opportunities go to Careers@Services Australia.
We strongly support workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an inclusive employer and welcome registrations from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- refugees and humanitarian entrants.