Submit your claim if you didn’t do a pre-birth claim

If you didn’t do a pre-birth claim, you can start a claim after the birth of your baby.

You can claim for the following payments and services:

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can claim and submit your proof of birth online.

To do this:

  1. Sign in to myGov.
  2. Select Make a claim or view claim status, then Make a claim.
  3. Under Families select Get started.
  4. Select Apply for Family Assistance (including Paid Parental Leave) then follow the prompts to complete your claim.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

When we process a claim for your child, we’ll create a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for them. You can find your child’s CRN in your:

To enrol for Medicare services

When you finalise your pre-birth claim for family assistance payments, we’ll enrol your child for Medicare services. You don’t need to give us the proof of birth again.

Page last updated: 3 April 2023.
QC 60240