Approved Pathology Practitioners
To apply to be an Approved Pathology Practitioner (APP), you must meet certain criteria.
You need all of the following:
- be recognised as a Medical specialist or consulting physician under Medicare
- have a Medicare provider number at the location of each Accredited Pathology Laboratory (APL) where you’ll provide services
- meet the requirements in the Approved Pathology Practitioner Undertaking.
When applying, make sure your Medicare provider number address is the same as the related APL’s registered address.
How to apply
- fill in the Approved Pathology Practitioner application/renewal form
- make sure an authorised witness witnesses your signature
- pay the fee and send us proof of payment with your application
- make sure the gap between the date you sign the application and send it isn’t more than 2 months
- upload your application through Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) or post or fax it to us.
For renewals, we must get your application no more than 3 months before your current undertaking expires.
Read more about using HPOS.
What happens next
Once approved, we’ll let you know the approval dates. This is valid for 12 months.
We’ll send you a reminder to renew your APP about 11 weeks before it expires.
You’ll need to renew your APP before expiry. To do this:
- complete the Approved Pathology Practitioner application/renewal form
- pay the renewal fee of $500, which is an approved fee that doesn’t attract GST.
Read more about Pathology services for health professionals.
Page last updated: 19 November 2020
This information was printed 20 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/topics/approved-pathology-practitioners/45956. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.