Approved Collection Centres
Apply, renew, vary or cancel an Approved Collection Centre (ACC).
Before you apply
- be a current Approved Pathology Authority (APA) before you apply to operate an ACC
- own a Category S, GX or GY lab or have an agreement to use another APA’s Category G lab
- meet the Guidelines for Approved Pathology Collection Centres on the Department of Health website
- get your supporting documents ready
- pay the tax and send us proof of payment with your application.
Supporting documents - lease agreements and proof of ownership
You must include either:
- the signed lease
- the signed sub-lease
- assignment of lease for the premises where the APA is a lessee or sub-lessee, or signed agreements, or arrangements to occupy the space.
You must also supply either:
- written confirmation if you have a lease extension or a month-to-month lease
- proof of ownership of the premises, such as a rates notice, if you own the premises.
Supporting documents - floor plans
You must also include the floor plan of the entire premises, not just the part the ACC occupies.
If you’re a new ACC or you have a new lease agreement, the floor plan must show the:
- ACC name
- full street address
- area occupied by the ACC in square metres
- size of each common area used by the ACC and other occupants of the facility
- total size of the facility.
If you’re renewing and don’t have a new lease, you still need to supply a floor plan with the:
- ACC address
- location shown on the floor plan
- size of the ACC in square metres or room measurements.
Apply, renew or cancel using HPOS
You can apply, renew, vary or cancel your ACC through the Pathology Registration function in HPOS. It’s fast and secure. You first need to set up PRODA and HPOS and link to your APA.
Please submit an application for each ACC location.
If you don’t have access to HPOS you need to:
- Apply for a PRODA account - use your identity documents for this.
- Link your PRODA account to HPOS.
- Call us to link your PRODA account to your APA. You need to give us the APA number and name, the return authorisation number, and associate type – administrator (full access) or staff (read only access).
Use the HPOS help guides to:
Other tasks you can do in HPOS
You can also:
- nominate someone to do tasks on your behalf in HPOS. They’ll need a PRODA account
- view and vary ACC details
- cancel an ACC
- upload supporting documents such as leases and floor plans
- create an invoice and request a receipt
- confirm transactions through HPOS email
- get ACC Certificates and approval letters through HPOS email.
Apply by form
Fill in the Application for new, renewal or cancellation of an Approved Collection Centre form, pay any relevant tax and supply proof of payment with your form.
Once approved we’ll send a certificate confirming the approval dates.
You can view the Approved Collection Centre Register for a list of ACCs.
There’s a user guide to help you cancel an ACC in HPOS.
You can also fill in the Application for new, renewal or cancellation of an Approved Collection Centre form. Upload your form and supporting documents through HPOS or post or fax it to us.
Acquire or merge an APA for ACCs
If you acquire or merge an APA and it affects an ACC, you must tell us within 30 days.
You need to provide details about:
- the APA
- all ACCs affected
- leases and floor plans.
You can do this through either:
- the APA acquisition or merger advice form
- the application for new, renewal or cancellation of an ACC form if it’s a new (acquired) or cancelled (disposed) ACC.
Page last updated: 2 July 2020
This information was printed 13 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/topics/approved-collection-centres/45941. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.