What is PRODA for web services
Information about PRODA for web services for digital health and aged care channels.
Provider Digital Access (PRODA) is an online verification and authentication system. It verifies an individual’s identity and an organisation against information on the Australian Business Register.
Why we’re moving to PRODA
We collect and handle the private health information of the Australian public through our digital claiming and data channels. We take this responsibility seriously.
This change represents our commitment to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers when handling their private information.
Why you need to move to PRODA
Web services uses PRODA to authenticate and identify users and organisations. Once you upgrade to web services, you’ll need to use PRODA to authenticate.
How is PRODA used in web services
PRODA will be used to securely access the following channels for web services:
- Medicare Online
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) - via Medicare Online
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) - via Medicare Online
- PBS Online
- Aged Care Web Services.
What are the benefits of PRODA
There are a number of benefits to using PRODA to authenticate and identify users.
- It provides a higher level of security than the current PKI technology.
- It’s fully digital and portable across web enabled devices.
- It doesn’t need additional hardware or software installed, unlike the current PKI technology.
- Your individual PRODA account doesn’t expire. If you change your employer you keep the same PRODA account because it belongs to you as an individual.
Find out more about PRODA.
Page last updated: 10 December 2020
This information was printed 10 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/subjects/web-services-digital-health-and-aged-care-channels/what-proda-web-services. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.