On your work experience placement, we’ll show you the wide range of roles within our agency. You’ll get a chance to develop your skills while working on a variety of tasks. You’ll gain a greater understanding of our agency and the public service.
Benefits of our pathways
On your work experience placement you’ll get:
- real workplace experience
- the chance to develop a range of skills while working on a variety of tasks
- to see the work we do to deliver vital services to Australians
- to work in one of our many offices, service centres or Smart Centres across Australia
- a greater understanding of our agency, including the wide range of roles we have, and the public service.
Work experience placements
If you’re in year 10, 11 or 12 or equivalent you can register for a work experience placement.
Placements are unpaid and run for 5 days on a full time or part time basis. Full time placements run for 5 consecutive business days. Part time placements run for 5 days spread over a maximum of 5 weeks.
Work experience placements are not available in December, January or February.
To register, complete the Work Experience Placement (WEP) Student Interest Form and email it to our Entry Level team.
You can register your interest in our student placements if you are both:
- enrolled in an Australian university
- need to complete mandatory work experience as part of your degree.
If you’re successful, you’ll work in an area that suits your degree. Student placements are unpaid and count towards academic credits.
To find more career opportunities go to Careers@Services Australia.
We strongly support workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an inclusive employer and welcome registrations from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- refugees and humanitarian entrants.
Page last updated: 18 September 2020
This information was printed 22 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/work-experience-pathways. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.