myGov help - Link a service using an existing online account

How to link a service to your myGov account if you have an online account with that service.

If you have a question about using myGov, you can ask the myGov digital assistant (DA). Go to the myGov website, select Ask a question and type your question. The DA will answer your question.

To link your online account to myGov, you need your government or agency reference number and password.

Sign in to myGov

Go to myGov and sign in.

Select either:

  • Link your first service
  • Services from the menu bar.

Select the service you would like to link to from the list.

In this example, we will link Child Support.

We may ask you to agree to myGov storing your personal information. This will happen if you are linking to Medicare, the Australian Taxation Office or Centrelink for the first time.

Select I agree to accept myGov storing your personal information.

Step 1: link new service

Select I have a Child Support online account and password, then select Next.

Step 2: enter your service account details

Enter your Child Support Reference Number and password, then select Next.

You have linked your service to your myGov account.

You can:

  • link to another service by selecting a service from the list
  • select Home from the menu bar
  • select Sign out.

For your privacy and security, select Sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021