Most viewed payments for Apprenticeship

The payments and services most viewed by other website visitors.

Edit filters:
  1. Higher education
  2. Top payments

Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices

Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and a student or Australian Apprentice.

  1. Top payments
  2. Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices

Who can get Youth Allowance for students and apprentices

Check if you're eligible to get Youth Allowance as a student or an Australian Apprentice.

Advance payment

You may get part of your income support payment or Family Tax Benefit (Part A) early. This is an advance payment. You pay it back later out of your payments from us.

How to prove your identity with Centrelink

You need to prove your identity before you claim a payment or service.

Residence descriptions

You usually need to be an Australian resident to get a payment from us. We explain how we define an Australian resident.


Most types of income count in your income test. We use this and your assets test to assess if you can get a payment, and to calculate your rate of payment.

Self service

You can do most of your Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support business with us online or by phone self service.

Asset types

Assets are property or items you or your partner own in full or part, or have an interest in. They can affect your payment.


Deeming rules are used to work out income from your financial assets. We add this to your other income and apply the income test to work out your payment rate.

  1. Managing your money
  2. Most useful information

Upload your Centrelink documents online

You can securely upload an image of your Centrelink form or other documents online.

Search results summary and pagination

260 results, showing 1 to 10

Page last updated: 10 December 2021