Most useful information for School

The pages voted most useful by other website visitors.

Edit filters:
  1. Top payments

ABSTUDY for your school child living at home

There’s ABSTUDY support available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students attending school and living at home.

  2. When you’re in high school, university or other higher education

ABSTUDY for high school study

There’s ABSTUDY support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in secondary school.

Proving your identity in person for a Centrelink payment

How to prove who you are in person at a service centre.

Payment schedule and rates for people outside Australia

We’ll pay your pension differently if you live outside Australia on a permanent or long term basis.


Superannuation is a long term savings structure to help fund your retirement.

  1. Family Tax Benefit
  2. Who can get it

Family Tax Benefit Part A eligibility

We pay Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A per child. The amount we pay you depends on your family’s circumstances.

  1. Relationship changes
  2. Most useful information

Relationship details - Separated under one roof form (SS293)

Use this form if you’re separated but live under the same roof as your ex-partner. This is so we can assess whether to pay you as a single person or as a member of a couple.

Advance payment

You may get part of your income support payment or Family Tax Benefit (Part A) early. This is an advance payment. You pay it back later out of your payments from us.

  1. Asset types
  2. Gifting

How much you can gift

Your payment may be affected if you gift more than the value of the gifting free area each year.


Deeming rules are used to work out income from your financial assets. We add this to your other income and apply the income test to work out your payment rate.

Search results summary and pagination

407 results, showing 1 to 10
Page last updated: 10 December 2021.