Manage your Centrelink payment

If you get a payment, you’ll have some regular commitments you need to meet. If you don’t, your payment may stop.

Report your income

If you get an income support payment such as JobSeeker Payment, you need to report your and your partner’s income.

To get your first payment, you’ll need to report your income for the past 2 weeks. You won’t get your payment until you do this.

There’ll be a reporting task for you to complete. If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can sign in now to do this. You can also find out what day you need to report.

Sign in to myGov

You can also use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

You need to continue to report every fortnight, even if your and your partner’s income is zero.

Meet your obligations

To keep getting your payment, you may need to complete obligations or requirements. This may include activities to help you get a job.

Tell us about any changes

You need to let us know if your situation changes. This is so we can make sure you’re getting the right payment and amount. If you get paid too much you’ll get a debt you need to pay back.

Changes we need to know about include changes to your work, living situation and relationship. Read about what changes of circumstance you need to tell us about.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us about changes to your circumstances online.

Sign in to myGov

You can also tell us using either:

Page last updated: 9 August 2023.
QC 53373