Change of circumstances when you get the Essential Medical Equipment Payment

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get the Essential Medical Equipment Payment.

What to tell us

You need to tell us if there are changes to:

  • your name
  • your address, personal and contact details
  • your bank details
  • care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
  • your accommodation details, using this form
  • your employment or work details
  • your study details.

If you change address, you may be eligible for another Essential Medical Equipment Payment. You’ll need to submit a claim for your new address. If you use the same medical equipment, you won’t need to provide medical evidence with your claim.

How to tell us

You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:

Read more about what you can do using self service.

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Disability, Sickness and Carers Line.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:

  • an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
  • your consent to verify the document.

You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.

You can find your state or territory Births, deaths and marriage registry on the website.

Page last updated: 6 January 2021