Change of circumstances when you get the Essential Medical Equipment Payment
You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get the Essential Medical Equipment Payment.
What to tell us
You need to tell us if there are changes to:
- your name
- your address, personal and contact details
- your bank details
- care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
- your accommodation details, using this form
- your employment or work details
- your study details.
If you change address, you may be eligible for another Essential Medical Equipment Payment. You’ll need to submit a claim for your new address. If you use the same medical equipment, you won’t need to provide medical evidence with your claim.
How to tell us
You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Disability, Sickness and Carers Line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.
You can find your state or territory Births, deaths and marriage registry on the Australia.gov.au website.
Page last updated: 6 January 2021
This information was printed 8 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/topics/change-circumstances-when-you-get-essential-medical-equipment-payment/52106. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.