What to tell us
You need to tell us if there are changes to any of the following:
- your address, personal and contact details
- your bank details
- care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
- your accommodation details, using the accommodation details form
- your employment or work details
- your study details.
You may be able to claim another Essential Medical Equipment Payment if you either:
- change address
- get an extra piece of medical equipment.
If you use the same medical equipment at your new address, you won’t need to provide medical evidence with your claim.
How to tell us
You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option, you can call the Disability, sickness and carers line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need a marriage certificate or change of name certificate. It must be an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry. We’ll need your consent to verify the document you send.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.