Looking for help until I get a job
We have help available to support you if you’re looking for a job. You may also get help from other places. What you can get depends on your situation.
We have information in different languages about Looking for help until I get a job
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with us in your language about your Centrelink payments and services.
There’s financial help that includes:
- payments you might get from us
- services and tips that can help you while you’re waiting to get a payment
- other financial options such as no or low interest loans or accessing your super early.
There’s also government support to help you:
- decide what type of job you want
- prepare to apply for a job
- find a job.
Once you start a job there are things you’ll need to do, like:
- give your employer your financial details
- tell us about changes to your income
- report your income if you’re still getting a payment from us.
You may also want to find child care if you have children in your care.
If you have disability, there’s services that can help you if you’re looking for a job.
We have 3 main payments if you’re looking for a job. Which 1 you might be able to claim depends on your circumstances.
It can take some time for us to review and process your claim. If you need help while waiting there are other options.
There are plenty of services ready to help you when you’re looking for a job. They can help you decide what you want to do, prepare to look for work and find a job.
Page last updated: 22 April 2021
This information was printed 6 May 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/looking-help-until-i-get-job. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.