I’m looking for a job
We have help available to support you if you’re looking for a job. You may also get help from other places. What you can get depends on your situation.
There’s financial help that includes:
- payments you might get from us
- services and tips that can help you while you’re waiting to get a payment
- other financial options such as no or low interest loans or accessing your super early.
There’s also government support to help you:
- decide what type of job you want
- prepare to apply for a job
- find a job.
Once you start a job there are things you’ll need to do, like:
- give your employer your financial details
- tell us about changes to your income
- report your income if you’re still getting a payment from us.
You may also want to find child care if you have children in your care.
We have payments that can help you if you’re looking for a job. There are also services that can help you while you’re waiting to get a payment.
There are plenty of services ready to help you when you’re looking for a job. They can help you decide what you want to do, prepare to look for work and find a job.
Page last updated: 9 November 2020
This information was printed 24 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/im-looking-job. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.