How to claim
Complete the following steps to claim Pensioner Education Supplement. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to claim Pensioner Education Supplement
You can now claim Pensioner Education Supplement online. Claim using your Centrelink online account through myGov.
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online. If you have a correspondence nominee they can also claim for you online.
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you have a nominee they also need to have their own account.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
You may need to prove your identity with us before you start your claim.
If you can’t claim online, you can do one of the following:
2. Get your documents ready to claim
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
You must have details of your study arrangements.
3. Make your claim
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Payments and Claims from the Menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Students, Trainees and Apprentices select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents and any other forms you may need to complete.
- Submit your claim.
When you're ready:
4. Track your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- your claim was submitted
- the ID number of your claim
- the date we estimate your claim will be complete
- a link to track its progress.
We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.
To do your business with us, create a myGov account and link to Centrelink.
When you claim, we’ll ask you for some documents to support your claim for a payment or service.
Your options and obligations for the Pensioner Education Supplement.
Page last updated: 11 December 2020
This information was printed 15 January 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/pensioner-education-supplement/how-claim. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.