Steps to claim Pensioner Education Supplement
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online. If you have a correspondence nominee they can also claim for you online.
To claim online, you need a Centrelink online account linked to myGov. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up. If you have a nominee they also need to have their own account.
You’ll need a Customer Reference Number (CRN) to link your Centrelink online account to myGov.
If you ever got a payment from us you’ll still have a CRN, CRNs don’t change.
If you don’t have a CRN, you’ll need to prove your identity online through myGov to get one. You’ll also need to do this if you’re a Department of Veterans’ Affairs customer who doesn’t have a CRN.
If you can’t get a CRN online, you can call us on the Youth and students line.
2. Get your documents ready to claim
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
This includes details of your study arrangements.
3. Make your claim
You can claim the Pensioner Education Supplement:
- on the phone by calling us on the Youth and students line
- by printing and completing the Claim for Pensioner Education Supplement form or Claim for ABSTUDY Pensioner Education Supplement form
- in person at a service centre.
If you can claim online
If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now and select Apply for the Pensioner Education Supplement to start your claim.
There’s help on each screen, including how to submit your supporting documents.
If you can’t claim online
To claim using a paper form, follow these steps:
- Check you’ve answered all questions.
- Sign and date the claim form.
- Attach any supporting documents.
- Submit your claim to us.
You can submit your claim form either:
- online by uploading your documents online
- by post to:
Reply Paid 7804
Canberra BC ACT 2610
4. Track your claim
If you submit your claim online you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- your claim was submitted
- the ID number of your claim
- an estimated completion date
- a link to track its progress.
You can track the progress of your claim using either:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
Outcome of your claim
We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.
If you don’t get electronic letters, we’ll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.
To do your business with us, create a myGov account and link it to Centrelink.
When you claim a payment or service, we’ll ask you for some documents to support your claim.