Before claiming Disability Support Pension (DSP) again, you should check you meet the eligibility rules.
If you claim DSP again, we may reject your claim unless:
- your circumstances have changed
- you have new or additional medical evidence that shows your condition has changed.
Claiming again if your circumstances have changed
If you submit a new claim for DSP, we’ll assess if you’re eligible based on all of the following:
- your current circumstances
- any previous assessments of your medical evidence and conditions
- any outcomes from your previous claims
- any new evidence you submit with your claim.
We understand your condition may have changed since you last claimed. You need to provide new or additional medical evidence if you claim again.
You may be able to get other payments, if you can’t get DSP.
Page last updated: 21 August 2019
This information was printed 3 June 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/disability-support-pension/how-claim/claiming-again. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.