You can get your own Medicare card online or apply for one using a form.
You can also get a new card with other people.
We’ll send your card to the address you’ve given us. It’ll arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. You can use a digital copy of your Medicare card straight away.
Read more about how to get a digital card.
Keep in mind, you can only be on 2 different Medicare cards at the same time.
If you choose to leave a card and you’re the contact person, we’ll assign a new contact person for the card.
How to get a Medicare card online
If your Medicare online account is linked to myGov you can get your own card online.
To do this:
- Sign in to myGov.
- Select My card.
- Select Get a new card and number.
- Follow the prompts.
You can also use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
You can get your own card online if you meet all of these requirements:
- you’re living in Australia and you’re an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or you have a permanent resident visa
- you’re 15 or older
- you’re on one Medicare card only
- your current Medicare card has other people on it
- you want your own Medicare card with just your name on it.
How to get a Medicare card using a form
If you can’t get your own card online, complete the application to copy or transfer from one Medicare card to another form.
Send your form and supporting documents to us. You can find the email address and postal address on the bottom of the form.