Find out what support you may get from us when you finish studying.

When you’ve finished your course, we may still be able to support you. This will depend on what you decide to do next.

If you get a student payment, you may be able to change to another income support payment after your course ends.

If you’re unsure what to do when your course ends, we can help. We have information to help you make a decision.

Further study

You may want to study another course at a higher level. Depending on the course, you may still be able to get a payment from us. You’ll need to have some allowable time left.

Read about allowable or reasonable time for the student payment you get:

Apprenticeship or work

After studying, you may want to do extra training in an apprenticeship. We have payments and services that can support you as you start an apprenticeship.

We can also support you while you’re looking for work.

Tasks you can do online

When you finish your course, you need to tell us. This is so we can pay you the right amount.

You can also apply to change to another payment from us if you need it.

Use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app or your Centrelink online account through myGov to tell us about any changes.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022