When you’re in high school, university or other higher education

There’s ABSTUDY support available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in high school or higher education. This includes masters and doctorate study.

ABSTUDY is a group of payments and support. What you can get depends on your circumstances. For some payments, this may include any of the following:

  • if you’re dependent or independent for ABSTUDY
  • if you need to live away from home to study
  • your income
  • your parents’ or guardians’ income
  • your partner’s income, if you have one.

To learn more about the ABSTUDY payments you may get, choose the type of study you’re doing:

You can also call the ABSTUDY line.

Page last updated: 14 November 2022.
QC 63606