As your baby grows

As your baby grows, keep their immunisations up to date. Discuss returning to work with your employer. Tell us if you’re returning to work.

Immunise your child

Immunisation is a simple, safe and effective way of protecting your child against harmful diseases. The more people who are immunised, the less chance some diseases have to spread.

Your child needs to meet immunisation requirements to get some payments. We may reduce or stop certain family assistance payments if your child doesn’t meet the requirements.

You can use the Australian Immunisation Register to keep track of your child's immunisations.

Read about the National Immunisation Program Schedule on the Department of Health website.

Learn about child health and safety

As your baby grows, it’s important that they have a safe environment so they can grow and thrive. We have information and support available to help you keep your child safe.

Discuss your return to work options with your employer

You may put a flexible working arrangement in place to help you transition back into the workplace.

Use the Supporting Working Parents website to find out about your rights:

  • during parental leave
  • when you’re returning to work.

Read about your rights on the Fair Work Ombudsman website.

Consider your child care options

We offer help with the cost of child care through Child Care Subsidy (CCS). You can submit a claim using either:

If you're eligible for CCS, you may get extra help through Additional Child Care Subsidy.

There may be a waiting list for child care services. You can use Child Care Finder to find approved child care providers and availability near you.

Tell us if you’re returning to work

Remember to tell us if you’re returning to work. You can do this using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

Returning to work may affect your payments if you return before the end of either your:

Read about how going back to work can affect your Parental Leave Pay.

In some cases, you may get a higher rate of Family Tax Benefit Part B. This includes if you’re returning to work for the first time since either:

  • the birth of your child
  • your child entered your care.

Read about getting the maximum rate of Family Tax Benefit Part B for parents returning to work.

Help managing your money

We have some tips and information on how to manage your money and your family’s money.

Page last updated: 14 December 2021