Who can get it

You must be a tertiary student living away from home to study to get Fares Allowance.

You must also get one of these payments:

You must also be one of these:

You can also get Fares Allowance if both of the following applied to you during the study year:

Secondary students and Australian Apprentices can’t get Fares Allowance.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 51676