When to claim

You can get Fares Allowance after your journey or we can pre-book your travel for you.

To claim Fares Allowance for pre-booked travel or a reimbursement, you can either:

You’ll need proof of your travel, including an itinerary and tax invoices.

You can call the Youth and students line for more information, if you get:

  • Austudy
  • Pensioner Education Supplement
  • Youth Allowance.

Wait for the results

If you get a reimbursement, we’ll pay it into the same bank account as your student payment.

You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022