How to claim

How to claim dental services covered by the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).

You can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.

You can claim your benefit either:

  • at the dentist when you pay
  • directly from us if your dentist doesn’t bulk bill.

Not all dentists bulk bill. You should check if yours does when you make an appointment. To find a dentist who bulk bills, use the find a health service tool on the healthdirect website.

If your dentist doesn’t claim on your behalf, you can claim online.

If your Medicare online account online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to claim your benefit.

Sign in to myGov

You can also claim by:

When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll pay the benefit into your bank account.

Page last updated: 8 May 2023.
QC 42996