You can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.
You can claim your benefit either:
- at the dentist when you pay
- directly from us if your dentist doesn’t bulk bill.
Not all dentists bulk bill. You should check if yours does when you make an appointment. To find a dentist who bulk bills, use the find a health service tool on the healthdirect website.
If your dentist doesn’t claim on your behalf, you can claim online.
If your Medicare online account online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to claim your benefit.
You can also claim by:
- using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- completing a Medicare claim form and posting it to the address on the form
- completing a Medicare claim form and taking it to a service centre.
When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll pay the benefit into your bank account.