You can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.
You can claim your benefit either:
- at the dentist when you pay
- directly from us if your dentist doesn’t bulk bill.
Not all dentists bulk bill. You should check if yours does when you make an appointment. To find a dentist who bulk bills, use the find a health service tool on the healthdirect website.
If your dentist doesn’t claim on your behalf, you can claim by using any of:
- the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- your Medicare online account through myGov
- a Medicare claim form and posting it to the address on the form
- a Medicare claim form and taking it to a service centre.
When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll pay the benefit into your bank account.