The assessor will talk to you about all of the following:
- any barriers to work you may have, including any medical conditions
- any recent help or rehabilitation you’ve had
- services to help you find and keep a job, if needed.
They may also contact your treating health professional if they need more details about your condition.
Outcome of the assessment
After the ESAt, the assessor will write a report that details any identified barriers to work. The report will detail how they may affect your ability to work or participate in employment services.
Tell us if you want a copy of your report. We can usually give you one. In some circumstances, you’ll need to make a formal Freedom of Information request.
The assessor may refer you to an employment services provider to help you improve your ability to work.
If employment services could help, your assessor will tell you which employment services program is right for you. This may include any of the following:
- Workforce Australia
- Disability Employment Services
- the Community Development Program, if you live in a remote area.
Read more about any of the following:
- Workforce Australia on their website
- Disability Employment Services on the JobAccess website
- the Community Development Program on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.
Once your assessor determines the right employment services program for you, we’ll ask you to choose your preferred provider.
To help you choose a provider, your assessor may discuss provider services. Not all providers offer the same services.
You can find out more about these services before your appointment. This includes who the providers are in your area and what services they offer.
You can learn more about employment services by either:
- visiting the Workforce Australia website
- calling the Department of Employment, Skills and Education’s National Customer Service Line.
You can learn more about Disability Employment Services on the JobAccess website.
You can also contact a JobAccess Adviser on the JobAccess website.