Travel outside Australia

There are rules about when you can get Mobility Allowance when you travel outside Australia.

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your allowance will stop when you depart.

If your travel is short term, you can get payment for up to 6 weeks but you must continue to meet your activity test requirements.

Page last updated: 29 June 2023.
QC 31246