Non-ongoing or casual positions may become available across a range of:
- business areas
- APS classifications.
For more information about working with Services Australia, please visit ‘work with us’.
Applications and eligibility
To be eligible for temporary employment with us, you must be:
- an Australian Citizen
- willing to undergo a National Criminal History records check
- willing to obtain and maintain a security clearance if applicable to the position.
You can withdraw your application for temporary employment from the temporary registers at any time.
When applying for our temporary employment registers, you may be asked if you’re interested in rapid recruitment.
Rapid recruitment is used to fill critical temporary employment vacancies. If you tell us that you’re available for rapid recruitment, you must be ready to start work on short notice.
If you’d like us to consider you for all roles, you need to apply to all registers:
- Temporary Service Officer register - APS3 and APS4 Entry level customer service roles
- Temporary corporate register - APS1 to EL2
- Temporary Executive Assistant Register - APS4 and APS5
- Technology and Digital Programmes - Temporary Employment Register - APS4 to EL2.
You can apply to multiple registers. Submitting an application to a register doesn’t guarantee we’ll offer you temporary employment.