You’ll get a Centrelink payment summary if you get any of these taxable Centrelink payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance, if you’re 16 or older
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment, if you or the care receiver is Age Pension age
- Dad and Partner Pay
- Disability Support Pension, if you’re Age Pension age
- Disaster Recovery Allowance
- Farm Household Allowance
- JobSeeker Payment
- Parental Leave Pay from us
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance, if you’re 16 or older.
You can ask us to deduct tax from your taxable payment. This can help reduce the amount of tax you may have to pay at the end of the tax year.
Some taxable payments won’t show on your Centrelink payment summary. You’ll still need to include these payments in your tax return. Read about payments that don’t show on it.
Read about lodging a tax return with the ATO on their website.