Supporting documents

When you claim Farm Household Allowance (FHA), we’ll ask you for some documents to support your claim.

What documents you’ll need

As you complete your FHA claim we’ll ask you to provide us with certain documents or information. Any documents you must provide will appear as required in your claim.

If you don’t give us these documents you can’t submit your claim. Having them ready before you start your claim will help you finish your claim and not delay the process.

Other documents you may need

You may need to give us other documents. These will appear as supplementary in the claim. You don’t have to provide these documents straight away. You’ll have 14 days after you submit your claim to submit them.

We may ask you for further information as we work through your claim and assess your circumstances. If this happens, we’ll put your claim on hold. If you don’t give us the documents within 14 days of our request we may reject your claim.

What documents you might need

We’ve listed the documents and information we usually ask for. You may not need all of them.

Documents Documents and forms you may need to provide
Property and real estate
  • Shire or council rates notice for each property you own
  • Copy of your signed lease or tenancy agreement if you rent
  • Real estate details form if your home has more than one title, is on a block of land larger than 2 hectares or you use it to produce an income.
Assets and liabilities
  • Details of all bank accounts and the balance of each account at the date of your claim
  • List of assets, for example, land, major plant and equipment, livestock, shares, cash in bank
  • Water rights documents, including the estimated market value, for each individual water asset
  • Statements for all your shares and investments, for example, milk company share statements
  • List of liabilities, for example, all loans, hire purchase, money you owe
  • Loan statements.
Income and financials
  • You and your partner’s latest business and personal tax returns
  • Latest balance sheets for all businesses
  • Proof of off farm income, such as your most recent payslips
  • Current financial year profit and loss statements related to farm business, for example, contracting and agistment
  • Private Trust form and Trust tax return if the farm is a trust
  • Private Company form and Company tax return if the farm is a company
  • Confirmation of any leave and redundancy payments you have had in the past 12 months
  • Details of any compensation received.

If you’re unsure which documents you need to give us, you can call the:

How to submit your documents

You can upload documents in your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. If you need help, read more about how to submit your Centrelink documents online.

You can send them to us by mail or fax. Or you can give them to us by visiting a service centre or Agent.

Page last updated: 1 July 2023.
QC 46986