Residence rules

To be eligible for Child Care Subsidy you must meet the residence rules.

On the day you claim, you or your partner must be living in Australia and also have one of the following:

How else you may meet the rules

You may also meet the residence rules if any of the following apply:

  • you or your partner are a student from overseas and are receiving financial assistance from the Australian Government to study in Australia
  • you’re in hardship
  • special circumstances apply.

To keep getting Child Care Subsidy

To keep getting your subsidy, you or your partner must continue to meet the residence rules.

Page last updated: 15 June 2023.
QC 42181