Personal information releases

You can get personal details we hold about you under our administrative access scheme.

Access your information online

The easiest way to get your details is using your online accounts through myGov. You can securely view and update your own details anytime.

You can get details about all of the following. Your:

  • Medicare and PBS claims
  • Centrelink statements, payment and claims history
  • immunisation history.

View a full list of what you can do online, using your:

If you don’t have an account, create one.

Centrelink details

You can ask us to provide details about your Centrelink payments and services to any of the following:

  • law firms
  • insurance companies
  • superannuation funds
  • another government agency
  • other third party organisations.

Complete the Authority to Release Personal Information Personal Injury, Insurance, Superannuation or Other Matter form to give us permission to release your details to them.

We can provide your:

  • Centrelink payment tax summary
  • earnings
  • medical certificate
  • Job Capacity Assessment and Employment Services Assessment reports.

Some details may not be included. You can ask us for other details in the form.

You can submit your form by either:

Email the information release team if you have any questions.

Medicare claims history

If you can’t find the Medicare claim details you need on your Medicare online account, complete the Request for Medicare claims information form.

We can tell you the:

  • date of service
  • item claimed
  • item description
  • benefit amount
  • payment method
  • provider name and location.

Email the form to the Medicare disclosure team.

When your child turns 14, you’ll no longer have access to their Medicare claims history online. If you need to request their Medicare claims history, use the Request for Medicare claims information form.

If you need a Notice of Past Benefits, complete and return the Medicare Compensation Recovery Medicare History Statement request form.

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) claims history

If the PBS claim details you are seeking aren’t on your My Health Record, complete the Request for PBS claims information form.

We can tell you the:

  • prescribing and supply date
  • item description
  • quantity of repeats
  • prescriber and pharmacy name and location.

Email the form to the Medicare disclosure team.

Medicare card details

You can get information about searches for your Medicare card details made by health professionals.

Complete the Request for information about Medicare card details accessed form and email it to Medicare Information.

Medicare Tax Benefit Statement

The net medical expenses tax offset is being phased out. We no longer issue Medicare Benefit Tax Statements.

To get a Medicare Benefit Tax Statement for 2012-13, 2013-14 or 2014-15, email a completed request for a Medicare benefit tax statement form to the Medicare disclosure team.

Commonwealth Information Orders (Location Orders)

Commonwealth Information Orders are an order made by a court. It requires us to provide the court with information about the location of a child.

If you are seeking an order, you must serve us with a copy of the Order application. We need this before the court can make an Order.

Email the Information access team to serve us with a copy of your Order application, or Commonwealth Information Order.

Other ways to ask for information

There are other ways you can request information. Read about Freedom of information requests.

Page last updated: 13 October 2023.
QC 24501