Paid attendant care services

If you received carer support when you suffered the harm, you may be able to claim paid attendant care costs.

This includes services that you’ve already had or will get and you’ve been paid for.

What proof you need

Before you can claim, you need to get your doctor to complete a COVID-19 vaccine claims scheme medical report. You need this as proof when you submit the claim. We need your doctor’s responses to help us assess your claim.

You need to provide the following documents with your claim:

  • a completed COVID-19 vaccine claims scheme expenses form
  • proof that you got, or will get, care support and it was needed
  • invoices to confirm the services provided
  • proof of any amounts you got or will get from third parties, like private health insurance
  • proof to support any future services you may need and for how long, like quotes.

How you calculate paid attendant care service costs

If you’re claiming past care services, you need to calculate the actual costs you had for those services.

If you’re claiming for future care services, you need to calculate the number of hours per week, and when the carer will likely be needed.

For both past and future services, you need to deduct any amounts you got or will get from third parties.

Page last updated: 7 April 2022.
QC 55959