Lost earnings

If you were employed when you suffered the harm, you may be able to claim lost earnings.

What proof you need

Before you can claim, you need to get your doctor to complete a COVID-19 vaccine claims scheme medical report. You need this as proof when you submit the claim. We need your doctor’s responses to help us assess your claim.

You also need to provide the following documents with your claim:

  • a completed COVID-19 vaccine claims scheme expenses form
  • proof of your income at the time you were injured
  • proof of your employment and a record of your income like payslips
  • proof to show the period you weren’t able to work if you’re claiming past lost earnings
  • proof of the expected duration of absence if you’re claiming future lost earnings.

Don’t include amounts you got or will get from third parties for your loss. This includes your employer paying you sick leave.

How you calculate lost earnings

If you’re claiming past lost earnings, you need to calculate what your weekly income was when you were harmed. Then you need to show the number of hours or days your income was or may be affected by it.

Page last updated: 15 March 2023.
QC 55957