Finalise your pre-birth claim
We need proof of your child’s birth to finalise any claims you started before your baby arrived.
To submit proof of birth online:
- Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
- Select Add newborn child in your online account or Add Child in the app.
- Answer all the questions and attach a scanned copy or photo of your child’s proof of birth.
If you don’t have a myGov account, create one at my.gov.au and link it to your Centrelink online account.
These services will only appear if we’ve assessed your pre-birth claim.
It won’t appear if we haven’t assessed it yet. You should complete your Newborn Child Declaration form in full. Then upload this with your child’s proof of birth using the Upload documents function in your online account or app. Read more about how to submit your documents online.
When we process a claim for your child, we’ll create a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for them. You can find your child’s CRN in your:
- Centrelink online account by selecting My Profile from the homepage, then My family
- Express Plus Centrelink mobile app in the my family tab.
Page last updated: 26 July 2019
This information was printed 16 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/finalise-your-pre-birth-claim. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.