Establish your identity and get a CRN with myGov
With myGov you can establish your identity and get a Customer Reference Number (CRN).
You can establish your identity and get a CRN online, using myGov. You don’t need to visit a service centre. You’ll get a Centrelink online account.
We’ll need to confirm your identity in person at a later date. We’ll contact you in the future to let you know what we need.
To start you need a myGov account. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one. Once you’ve created your myGov account follow these steps.
- Sign in to myGov.
- Select Continue from the Government support for Coronavirus banner. Then select I need a CRN.
Follow the prompts to enter your identity details.
You’ll need 1 of these documents:
- current Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian visa.
You’ll also need 1 of these documents:
- Australian driver licence
- Department of Immigration issued ImmiCard
- Australian Citizenship by Descent Certificate.
- Enter information from your Medicare card.
Enter some personal details.
myGov will share this information with us to check if you have a CRN. If we find your CRN record, you need to answer some questions to make sure the record is yours.
If we don’t find a CRN, we’ll give you one.
- Your new Centrelink online account will link straight to your myGov account.
Now you’re ready to claim a Centrelink payment.
If you can’t establish your identity or get a CRN online, you can call us. We’ll establish your identity and create your Centrelink online account over the phone.
Page last updated: 21 April 2020
This information was printed 25 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/coronavirus-covid-19-and-how-we-may-help/if-you-need-payment/claim-payment/establish-your-identity-and-get-crn-mygov. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.