Who can get it
Check if your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
You don’t need to apply or register for CDBS. If your child is eligible we’ll send you a letter.
Your child can get CDBS when:
- they are eligible for Medicare
- they are between 2 and 17 years old for at least 1 day that year
- you or they get an eligible payment at least once that year.
You can be either the child’s:
- parent or guardian
- approved care organisation.
If you’re a teenager and have a partner
You may be able to get CDBS in a calendar year when:
- you’re 17 years old, or younger for at least 1 day that year
- your partner gets an eligible payment from us.
Find out what child dental services we cover and how much we cover.
Page last updated: 26 September 2019
This information was printed 25 February 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.